Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Inter American Foundation (IAF) is now accepting applications for its Community Development Grant Program.
IAF invests in community-led development projects across Latin America and the Caribbean. They partner with local organizations that identify innovative, yet viable solutions to local development challenges—particularly in disadvantaged or excluded communities.
IAF funds requests for amounts between US $25,000 and $400,000.
IAF does not Fund
- IAF is currently unable to fund organizations located in:
- IAF do not fund proposals submitted or directed by:
- Government entities (including municipal governments and public universities)
- For-profit organizations
- Organizations outside the country in which the project is located
- Groups that do not contribute financial or in-kind resources to the proposed activities
- They do not fund proposals for:
- purely religious activities
- research activities exclusively
- only construction and equipment
- charity or welfare projects of any kind
- projects associated with political parties or partisan movements
- IAF only support community-led projects submitted by local and grassroots organizations that are based in independent countries of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- You will need to show that your organization has a history of working together as a group and is capable of effectively using grants funds.
Tips for a Successful Proposal
- Be inclusive
- Use community resources
- Focus on results
- Impact the community in a positive and measurable way
- Show potential for strengthening all participating organizations
- Enhance participants’ capacity to govern themselves
For more information, visit https://www.iaf.gov/apply-for-grant/