Deadline: 1 April 2020
The Laerdal Foundation for Acute Medicine is accepting applications for a program entitled “Saving Lives at Birth in Low-Resource Settings”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The support will be focused on practically oriented projects helping achieve the UN Sustainability Goal no 3 (that in 2015 replaced the previous MDGs 4 and 5), aiming at:
- Reducing infant and child mortality by 2/3 from 2010 to 2030
- Reducing maternal deaths by 2/3 from 2010 to 2030
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The Board expects to fund up to 20 projects per year, with up to USD 50,000.- per award. Higher amounts than this may be awarded to regional initiatives, or particular educational or collaborative initiatives.
- The regular application form should also be used for applications in the Saving Lives at Birth category. For more significant initiatives, applying for an amount beyond USD 50,000.- it may be practical to first submit a Concept Proposal to the Foundation. There is no particular form for this, but the proposal should be limited to a maximum of 6 pages.
- The Board particularly welcomes applications relating to:
- In considering applications for projects in developing countries, the Board will be prioritizing projects that beyond a local impact have the potential to document long term practical value, and stimulate developments also in other regions/countries through publication of results in peer reviewed journals. Please note that projects to strengthen a local health system, will not qualify.
- The Board is likely to focus on relatively few projects, and prefer projects that can leverage new initiatives with support also from other sources. Practical experience of the applicant(s) to deal with the special challenges typically found in developing countries, and a strong commitment for participation also from local partners, are other factors that will be considered.
For more information, visit https://laerdalfoundation.org/about/saving-lives-at-birth/
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.