This new fund aims to meet the needs of literacy organizations of all types and sizes so that they may effectively and efficiently provide services to students.
- Funded by the Nora Roberts Foundation and administered by ProLiteracy, the Literacy Opportunity Fund distributes grants of $3,000 to $6,000 to support general operating expenses.
What work can a grant support?
- Grants are given to support general operating expenses. Applications are reviewed based on the individual needs of the literacy organization.
- General operating expenses might include salaries, technology, supplies, teacher stipends, equipment, space rental, etc. However, your application might also focus on a particular project or new programming effort.
- To be eligible for this grant, your organization must
- Be a registered nonprofit with 501(c)(3) status
- Have an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Provide literacy services directly to students
- Be located within the United States
- Not have already received a Literacy Opportunity Fund grant this calendar year.
For more information, visit https://www.proliteracy.org/Literacy-Opportunity-Fund