The Netherlands Embassy to Turkey and Consulate General in Istanbul invite Turkish civil society, non-profit educational institutions, semi-governmental organizations and municipalities to submit proposals for Human Rights (HR) Fund.
- Freedom of expression and internet freedom
- Freedom of religion and belief
- Equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and intersex (LGBTI)
- Equal rights for women and girls
- Supporting human rights defenders
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The following financial aspects should be taken into account when applying to the Human Rights fund programme:
- Project proposals with budgets ranging from €25.000 to €250.000 may apply. Please note that the budget form should be drafted in Turkish liras and NOT in Euros;
- Although there is no minimum, projects in general should not be smaller than € 25.000;
- Projects up to 24 months could be financed and please provide a liquidity forecast for projects more than 12 months.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Human Rights Fund is open for applications by local NGOs, non-profit educational institutions, semi governmental organizations and municipalities in Turkey. Twinning with Dutch organisations and with partners from other countries is allowed.
Not eligible for HR funding are:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- projects repeating previous projects or that were already under way before the application was submitted;
- commercial activities;
- projects with a predominantly academic focus, i.e. research;
- projects that largely or exclusively involve the delivery of goods or materials;
- infrastructural or construction projects;
- bursaries or education programmes;
- humanitarian aid;
- feasibility studies and other research;
- vehicles, household appliances, hardware, etc;
- hard-copy publications over 200 copies;
- Running costs (rent, electricity, heating etc).
How to Apply
- The standard application, supplier sheet and budget forms, found on the Embassy’s website should be submitted electronically by email at the address given on the website. These forms should be completely filled out, otherwise the proposal will not be taken into consideration.
- The project proposal (both pdf and word format) should include:
- An application letter (signed and stamped),
- A SMART project description,
- Information on the applicant organisation and its most important achievements,
- A detailed and transparent budget (both pdf and excel format), estimating all costs and specifying each source of income, as well as all contributions from other partners and own contribution; All amounts including taxes,
- The supplier sheet should be filled and submitted together with the application forms;
- Supporting relevant documents (depending on the specific activities proposed), such as CVs of experts, letters of support, etc. should be submitted together with the application form,
- Documents on organizations internal policy (if any) on fraud, corruption and code of conduct should also be submitted together with all other relevant documents.
For more information, visit https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2020/01/16/open-call-for-project-proposals-for-matra-and-human-rights-programmes-2020
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.