Deadline: 19 July 2019
The New York Life Foundation is seeking applications for its “Capacity Building Grant”.
- Planning activities: organizational assessments; strategic planning; fund development; communications/marketing; recruiting or maintaining volunteer support; business planning.
- Staff/board development: leadership training; defining the role of the board; recruitment of new board members; strengthening governance.
- Strategic relationships/collaboration: technical assistance; consultant support; restructuring; mergers; or business planning
- Internal operations: improvements to financial management, human resources, or volunteer management; development of evaluation systems and training; facility planning.
- Technology improvements: improving IT capacity through upgrades to hardware and software; networking; updating websites; and staff training to optimize use of technology.
- New Organization: Specifically, for organization under 3 years old to conduct an organizational needs assessment or strategic planning.
Up to twenty-five (25) grants available:
- $10,000 grant award. organizations with minimum annual organizational budgets of $50,000 will be eligible to apply for this grant level.
- $20,000 grant award. organizations with minimum annual organizational budgets of $100,000 will be eligible to apply for this grant level.
- Be a US Based private, nonprofit organization, with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, and not a private foundation
- Be in operation as a 501(c)(3) for at least one year
- Request an amount not greater than 20 percent of organization’s most recent fiscal year actuals
- Provide 990 tax returns for the past year (if applicable)
- Provide a budget detailing specifically how the requested funds will be used.
- Must be the entity that will provide the children’s bereavement services.
- Have at least one paid staff person
Excluded organizations and areas:
- Individuals or government agencies
- Organizations or activities whose services are limited to members of one religious or sectarian group
- Fraternal, social, professional, athletic, or veterans’ organizations.
- Seminars, conferences, trips
- Endowments, memorials, or capital campaigns
- Fundraising events, telethons, races, or other benefits
- Goodwill advertising
- Basic or applied research
- Organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, or national origin
- Organizations who have a current Grief Reach Grant and their Final Report has not been submitted yet.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://childrengrieve.org/grief-reach/capacity-building-grant