The objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity of Moldovan media and the development of local production capacity in the Republic of Moldova in the interests of the plurality of views, editorial independence, and the development of the local production capacity in the Republic of Moldova in the interests of the plurality of views and editorial independence.
Project proposals must address at least one of the following themes:
- Support independent news and information media outlets (broadcast, online, print) that are committed to factual, objective, and thorough reporting on issues relevant to Moldova’s economic and political development.
- Develop the institutional capacity, competitiveness, and sustainability of independent media outlets.
- Support innovative approaches to using technology, including alternative delivery platforms, to more effectively inform Moldovan audiences on issues relevant to Moldova’s economic and political development.
- Upgrade media outlets’ online presence, including improved security and resilience against hacking and other threats.
- Develop and strengthen media outlets on the regional and local levels in the Republic of Moldova.
- The U.S. Embassy will consider awarding grants ranging from $50,000 to $250,000. Any requests outside of these limits will not be considered.
- Total budget for the competition: $1,000,000.
- Assistance Instruments: Grants or Fixed Amount Awards.
- The maximum period of performance: 24 months.
- Eligibility is limited to not-for-profit organizations (NGOs, CSOs, think tanks, etc.) and independent mass media organizations officially registered and licensed in the Republic of Moldova, and not affiliated with elected or appointed government or political party officials or their family members, nor affiliated with individuals or groups designated by U.S. officials for being involved with significant corruption or their family members.
- Organizations from outside the country may apply via a locally registered partner organization.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331336