Delfina Foundation, in partnership with Kunsthalle Praha, Czech Centre and the Arts and Theatre Institute, is delighted to announce a residency open call for visual artists living and working in Czech Republic (including both citizens and those with a long-term residency permit).
The six-week residency will run from 20 June – 31 July 2022, during Delfina Foundation’s Summer season.
Delfina Foundation is a non-profit organisation dedicated to facilitating artistic exchange and developing creative practice through residencies, partnerships and public programming.
Alongside gaining time and space to develop their work, Delfina Foundation’s residents participate in a bespoke programme that includes:
- Guided visits to museums, galleries, non-profits, artistrun spaces and studios, as well as trips to institutions outside London.
- Opportunities to meet and engage with artists, curators, academics and researchers through organised presentations, studio visits, events and meals.
- Professional development activities including: presentations and crits, portfolio reviews, and mentoring activities.
A six-week residency at Delfina Foundation, including:
- A return economy-class flight
- Airport transfers
- Reimbursement of visa fee
- A living allowance of £30 per day
- A materials budget of up to £300
- Local travel allowance
- A single bedroom at Delfina Foundation – a house which hosts up to 8 residents with shared facilities, including: bathrooms, laundry rooms, a kitchen, library and dining room
- Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured activities and independent time
- Access to a programme of planned group activities
- The Recipient must be an artist currently living and working in the Czech Republic (either as a citizen or as non-citizen with a long-term residence permit)
- Seeking an opportunity to develop their practice and the concepts of their artistic work through research;
- Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit their career development and local networks;
- Proficient in English.
For more information, visit https://www.delfinafoundation.com/open-calls/current/open-call-for-czech-artists-2022/