The Oxfordshire Community Foundation has launched the Step Change Fund to help high-quality social organisations make a step change to their business model that will create a more solid platform from which they can deliver services.
The Step Change Fund focuses on capacity building and strengthening of Oxfordshire’s charitable sector. The Step Change Fund is for charities with visionary leadership that realise they need to transform the way they are organised in order to create a more solid basis for delivering their core work. The Step Change Fund enables the local charitable sector to be stronger and more sustainable, and therefore better equipped to deal with the hard-hitting social problems faced by Oxfordshire communities.
- The fund has over £1 million to distribute over the next four years.
- Grants in the first instance will be between £10,000 and £50,000
- There is the possibility of further funding up to £25,000 for follow-on projects.
- Total grants will be capped at £75,000, and will not normally be greater than 30% of the applicant’s annual income, should this be less.
The Step Change Fund accepts applications from registered charities, constituted groups or social enterprises/CICs that:
- Are based in Oxfordshire and operate primarily within the county
- Are focused on enhancing the quality of people’s lives
- Have an annual income of not less than £75,000 and not more than £750,000
- Have been operating for three years or more
- Have outstanding leadership and the capacity to grow.
The following types of group/project are NOT eligible:
- National charities (or financially integrated branches)
- Public bodies or statutory organisations (including parish/town councils)
- Charities where the beneficiaries are solely animals
- Projects that are the purchase of buses or other vehicles
- Large-scale construction projects (including fixed structures e.g. playgrounds)
- Projects where the costs have already been incurred
For more information, visit https://oxfordshire.org/ocf_grants/step-change/