Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The County Durham Community Foundation is currently seeking applications for its Organisational Sustainability Fund (large grants) up to £20,000 is available to help organisations sustain their current work, increase their capacity and improve their future sustainability.
- The following are examples how grants could be used, but all applications that demonstrate how funds would be used to increase an organisation’s overall sustainability will be considered.
- Funding could be used to:
- cover staff time including increasing hours for key activities,
- the creation of a business plan or funding strategy
- cover significant cost increases for key elements of the organisation’s work, if the cost increase would otherwise cause an organisation to reduce their activities,
- develop new services that would add to an organisation’s ability to support local people.
- Size of grant £20,000 (over two years, £10,000 per year)
- Groups will have a maximum of 24 months from the grant award date to deliver their activities.
What type of funding can you apply for?
- Applications will be considered for core organisation running costs including (but not limited to):
- staff time – applicants must specify the activity to be covered by the funding and how it relates to sustaining the organisation,
- premises costs including energy bills (limited to 50% of the grant total)
- office costs including IT equipment (limited to £1,500),
- external advice / support services to support improvements to governance and sustainability,
- other core costs of operating the organisation.
- Applicants must provide a clear, itemised budget showing how the funds will be spent. They cannot fund a contribution to an annual figure for running costs.
Funding cannot be used for?
- items for distribution, including food etc (please see the Poverty Hurts Fund that covers these items),
- the costs of Warm Spaces (please see the Warms Spaces Fund – coming soon)
- onward grant making or purchasing items for individuals.
- Community groups working within County Durham and Darlington can apply.
- In addition to the general requirements listed in the guidelines, applying organisations must meet the following criteria. Organisations must:
- be based in and undertaking activities in County Durham and Darlington,
- have an annual income of £500,000 or less,
- clearly explain in the application how the funding will sustain their organisation’s activities.
Please note, organisations that hold external grant funding that covers the majority of their core costs for 12+ months will likely not be considered.
For more information, visit https://www.cdcf.org.uk/grants-for-groups/organisational-sustainability-fund-large-grants/