The Northern Territory (NT) Government is seeking applications to deliver youth engagement and school holiday activities to engage and support young people, in particular those young people aged 10-17 at risk in Palmerston.
The Palmerston Youth Activity Grants funding is available through the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities Regional Youth Services Program, which is working with local regions to develop local decision-making responses and actions to improve the wellbeing of young people. It supports collaborative partnerships; ensuring young people have access to a diverse range of engaging and supportive activities that are delivered in a coordinated way.
- The Palmerston Youth Activities funding aims to:
- Provide flexible youth engagement programs and activities which meet the Government requirements for COVID-19.
- Ensure 10-17-year-olds, particularly those at risk, have accessible, safe programs and activities to engage with.
- Ensure young people are provided with opportunities to be consulted and to give feedback about activities and events to help shape further activities.
- Develop stronger and more collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders and improve coordination across the youth and related sectors.
- Build the capacity of the youth sector in Palmerston to strengthen participation, engagement and referral pathways for young people.
- Support the goals and actions in the second Palmerton Youth Action Plan 2022 – 2024.
- There is a total of $160,000 per annum available for this grant round for eligible organisations to provide a range of activities, including one off events, school holiday activities, term time after-hours activities and smaller or larger regular events.
- Eligible organisations may apply for up to $50,000 per annum through this open grant round. Additional funding may be approved by the Executive Director to eligible organisations to expand delivery where funding has not been exhausted and an organisation is able to expand service delivery.
- A budget must be submitted with each application showing how the funding will be allocated to the activity, project or program.
What can be funded?
- Program delivery costs, including material costs and digital technology requirements
- Contribution towards the provision of food
- Late night safe transport home
- Community groups
- Local government
- Non-government organisations
- Businesses and partnerships
- Sole traders
- Collaboration and partnerships with other service providers, community groups, and or content specialists are encouraged
For more information, visit https://grantsnt.nt.gov.au/grants/palmerston-youth-activities-grants-2022-24