Deadline: 31 July 2019
The People’s United Community Foundation is accepting applications for its grants program to help improve the quality of life for residents in the neighborhoods served by People’s United Bank.
People’s United Community Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations that align with their primary areas of focus and giving priorities of economic stability, employment, education, and housing:
- Affordable Housing Development: People’s United Community Foundation supports programs that create affordable housing opportunities and the development and sustaining of safe, clean and desirable neighborhoods:
- Nonprofit organizations that directly develop affordable housing or assist developers which create affordable housing, through rehabilitation, new construction and/or neighborhood revitalization efforts.
- Community loan funds
- State and national programs, operating within their footprint, that serve as developers of affordable housing
- Supportive and transitional housing for homeless, low-income and those with disabilities or special needs
- Closing costs and down-payment assistance programs
- First-time homebuyer education
- Homeownership counseling and foreclosure prevention programs
- Community Development: People’s United Community Foundation supports programs and services that address basic needs and encourage financial independence and self-sufficiency for low- to moderate-income residents; as well as activities which promote economic development in low-income neighborhoods. Funding priorities include:
- Basic needs services
- Initiatives that transition people from assistance to independence
- Financial literacy Programs
- Education, including ESL, certification and degree programs
- Programs that promote economic stability and self-sufficiency
- Small business development and entrepreneurial programs
- Workforce development, job skills training and job placement programs
- Youth Development: People’s United Community Foundation supports programs and services that address the need for educational improvement and academic advancement of children and youth, especially within low- to moderate- income communities and school districts. Funding priorities include:
- Academic improvement and advancement programs
- Accredited early childhood development, school readiness, and Headstart programs
- College and SAT preparation programs
- Career exploration and internship programs
- ESL and literacy programs
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs
The Minimum request amount is $2,500.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
To be considered for a grant from People’s United Community Foundation, organizations must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Organization must be operating as a recognized 501(c)3 public charity for a minimum of 2 years.
- Program/service for which funding is being requested must be operating for a minimum of 12 months and have demonstrated outcomes.
- Must operate or serve individuals within the cities/towns where People’s United Bank branches are located.
- Grant request must fit within their three areas of focus and align with their giving priorities of economic stability, employment, education, and housing.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.peoples.com/about-us/community/charitable-giving/foundations/pucf
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.