The Pimlico Million is inviting applications for its small grant program from individuals and organisations to make Pimlico an even better place to be.
They are inviting you to apply for funding for projects within the Pimlico Million area (please refer to this map), with a particular focus on reducing isolation, young people and connecting communities and groups from different backgrounds and positively enhancing the wellbeing of people in the area.
The Pimlico Million is a resident-led funding and community development organisation, sponsored by the Big Local. It was started in 2015 with one million pounds to be allocated over ten years to provide community-led projects, support, and development.
The Pimlico Million – Working together to make Pimlico an even better place to be.
They work with their community to:
- Help residents find their voice, take ownership, reach their potential and make positive change in their neighbourhoods.
- Inspire and invest in great ideas and projects that increase social cohesion and create pride within their community.
- Provide support and opportunities for groups and projects to grow.
- Applications may be made for up to £1500 per organisation or individual applying.
- Individuals or community groups can bid for a grant to help them run a local project. If you are an individual applying for project funding, they will ask you to find a local organisation to sponsor your bid.
- Priority will be given to organisations able to deliver work safely during the coronavirus pandemic and within the government guidelines.
The Pimlico Million- Big Local Community Grants will not grant fund:
- Projects that do not benefit residents living in Pimlico Million Area.
- Projects that enhance or progress religious or political aims, in line with their local policy (Available upon request).
- Deliver statutory sector services.
- Projects that do not implement the Local Trust Values including the commitment to equality and to promote diversity; to overcome all forms of discrimination and prejudice so that everyone can participate in, contribute to and benefit from Big Local on an equal basis, whatever their background ethnicity or beliefs.
- Miscellaneous expenses eg: some travel expenses; insurance; overheads
- Rent, where you already have a space to deliver from
- Any cost that is already calculated within an existing budget
For more information, visit https://thepimlicomillion.org.uk/apply/