Playing WA supports the costs of touring WA-produced performing arts shows to regional and remote towns and communities in Western Australia.
It is important that they resume their programs to maintain creative activities, support ongoing arts practices, facilitate experimentation and encourage viability during this period.
In response to COVID-19 they ask that all applicants consider the following in relation to their project or program of activities before submitting an application:
- Advise of any risks identified in your project as a result of COVID-19 and how you plan to mitigate these risks
- Consider including a Risk Management Statement as part of your support material if your project includes activities which are impacted by, or could be impacted by, public heath restrictions, such as public gatherings
- Reference the Department of Health’s guidance on events
Funding delivered through Playing WA is intended to:
- increase the number and variety of performances touring to regional WA
- contribute to the development of sustainable performing arts touring circuits in regional WA
- provide employment opportunities in regional WA
- provide opportunities for regional and remote communities to attend performing arts shows in their towns and communities
- enable local communities to make decisions about their performing arts needs.
Funding Information and Criteria
- Eligible applicants can apply for up to $120,000 in funding to support the direct costs associated with delivering the tour e.g. travel, accommodation and salaries, as well as costs of delivering community participation activities as part of the tour.
- The amount of funding sought should depend on:
- the scale of the production (size of the cast and crew)
- the length, comprehensiveness and reach of the tour (including the number of regional and remote towns/communities involved)
- the range of community activities provided
- employment opportunities for regional artists and arts workers
- anticipated paid audience attendance.
- This program may fund up to 80% of your activity costs. You must demonstrate at least 20% income, or your application will be ineligible.
- Applications are open to WA performing arts groups, organisations or individual artists for touring WA-produced performing arts shows to regional and remote towns and communities in Western Australia.
- It is recommended that the application is prepared and submitted by the party taking the lead coordinating the tour. If successful, this primary applicant will be issued with the contract and will be responsible for receiving payment and acquitting the grant.
- Successful Playing WA Multi-year applicants are not eligible to apply for Playing WA for the duration of the grant funding period.
For more information, visit https://www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au/funding/arts-funding/playing-wa