The Pacific Life Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to invest in the community.
The Pacific Life Foundation’s mission with their grants program is:
- To strategically support issue areas that align with the Foundation’s interests and serve the communities where a concentration of Pacific Life employees work and live
- To support programs that recognize and encourage positive change in their local communities and populations served
- To respond to the greatest needs of their communities by partnering with organizations that can best identify opportunities or challenges, bringing forward proven strategies or finding innovative ways to have a meaningful impact on those most in need
- Program grants range from $5,000 to $15,000 for a one-year period of funding and are given to support programs, operating expenses, or collaborative programs with other nonprofits.
- Capital grants typically range from $25,000 to $100,000 and are given to a nonprofit with an organized campaign already under way to raise substantial funds; for example, to finance a building or for major renovation.
- Contributions are made primarily in areas with large concentrations of Pacific Life employees – generally, the greater Orange County, California, area.
- Ideally, nonprofits should serve a large area, usually including more than one city or community.
- In addition, some grants are provided in the greater Omaha, Nebraska area and the greater Lynchburg, Virginia area.
- An organization must have a tax-exempt status and must include their 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter with the grant application. If an organization does not have a tax-exempt status it may request another tax-exempt organization to act as their fiscal agent. Note: If a nonprofit has previously been funded by the Foundation, it does not need to submit the 501(c)(3) letter with the grant application.
- Only 501(c)(3) organizations that are based and operate in the United States can be considered for funding by the Foundation.
The Pacific Life Foundation does not accept applications from and/or for:
- Political parties, candidates, or partisan political organizations
- Labor organizations, fraternal organizations, athletic clubs, or social clubs
- K-12 schools, school districts, or school foundations as these entities are eligible through the Foundation’s annual invitation-only “3Ts of Education” program
- Sectarian or denominational religious organizations, except for programs that are broadly promoted, available to anyone, and free from religious orientation and proselytization
- Organizations that have a written policy of discrimination against anyone on any basis
- Fundraising events (e.g., sponsorships, membership drives, luncheons/dinners, walks/runs, or tournaments)
- Conferences and special events
- Sports leagues or teams
- Advertising sponsorship
- Marine mammal research funding is provided on an invitation-only basis
For more information, visit https://www.pacificlife.com/home/corporate-responsibility/community-impact.html