Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The rising cost of food, energy and other essential items is putting pressure on household budgets. People are having to make difficult decisions about what items they can afford, including going without essential items. Funding from the Poverty Hurts appeal is available to groups meeting immediate needs and combatting poverty over the coming months.
- Funding is available to continue existing work or run new activities that increase access to essential items for day-to-day life. This could include (but is not limited to):
- food related projects, including ‘holiday hunger’ projects,
- activities that reduce isolation,
- advice on energy consumption and payments,
- benefit eligibility checks or debt advice.
- Size of grant £2,000
What type of funding can you apply for?
- Applications will be considered for project costs and organisation running costs, including:
- room hire / premises costs
- items for distribution to relieve needs
- staff time allocated to the project
- capital items and equipment (except vehicles or minibuses)
- transport costs
- Community groups working within County Durham and Tees Valley can apply.
For more information, visit https://www.cdcf.org.uk/grants-for-groups/poverty-hurts-winter-relief-grants/