Artist 360 is seeking applications for its Practicing Artist Grants Program to elevate and energize greater Northwest Arkansas artists by providing them with grants to support creative projects, learning opportunities to develop entrepreneurship skills and build sustainable creative practices, and connections to a dynamic regional artist network.
- Amount: $7,500
- Touring Project: Projects that involve the touring/presenting of your work within and outside of Arkansas.
- Works in progress: Projects that involve a specific phase of a work in progress that has a clear end goal.
- Creative Research and Professional Advancement: Projects that focus on professional advancement and creative research opportunities that strengthen an artist’s expertise and advances their creative practice.
- Social Practice: Projects that activate Northwest Arkansas communities and address social issues, opportunities and challenges. Projects must focus on the creation and presentation of art and have a public component.
- Be a Practicing Artist. Practicing Artist is defined as follows:
- Has an active and current artistic practice
- Has specialized training in the field (not limited to academic training)
- Has demonstrated success in the arts through the creation of high quality work and/or contributions to the field
- Is recognized as a practicing artist by peers (artists working in the same discipline and by experts in the field)
- Create work in one or more of the following artistic disciplines:
- Visual Arts (painting, sculpture, ceramics, fiber, film, screenwriting, video, media arts, photography, mixed media, wearable art)
- Performing Arts (dance, theater, music, opera, puppetry, storytelling, playwriting, performance art)
- Literary Arts (fiction, nonfiction, poetry)
- Traditional Arts (work that is made based on artistic traditions shaped by values and standards of excellence that are passed from generation to generation through demonstration, conversation and practice – may include crafts, storytelling, dance, music, or functional art)
- Be a resident of the State of Arkansas and have established residency in one of the following counties: Benton, Carroll, Crawford, Sebastian or Washington (Artists 360 prefers applicants with at least one year of residency in the counties.)
- Retain residency within the five-county region for the duration of the grant period (November 2021-October 2022.)
- Must complete the online application form, answer the narrative questions, and submit a resume/CV and digital work samples that support their proposed project
- Be available for an Artists 360 retreat on November 5-7 2021. (If this retreat needs to get rescheduled due to COVID-19 and CDC guidelines, they will make an announcement in early January. They are committed to keeping a safe and healthy environment for artists.)
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have non-resident status
For more information, visit https://artists360.art/apply/