The Public Diplomacy Section of the Palestinian Affairs Unit (PAU-PD) announces an open competition for a grant through this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). The Meet the United States Palestinian Journalists Program is designed to partner with a non-profit organization or educational institution with experience managing exchange programs and programs for media professionals to implement activities which advance the applicant’s goals and the PAU-PD mission: to advance a comprehensive, lasting, negotiated peace between Israelis and Palestinians and the development of a prosperous, stable, and transparent Palestinian society, economy and system of governance through substantive engagement with American people, institutions, ideas and ideals in order to improve American-Palestinian relations and create greater opportunities for mutually beneficial partnership and cooperation.
- Increase awareness and understanding of program participants of the U.S. policy formation process and related institutions, especially regarding the Middle East and empower participating Palestinian journalists to hone their professional skills and standards.
- Improve understanding among participating Palestinians of the details and subtleties of U.S. policy and the history, culture and value system from which it develops.
- Reestablish relationships between Palestinian journalists and American peers and government interlocutors to improve their access to information about the United States and U.S. policies.
- Empower participants to interact with American peers, to discuss how U.S. reporters and media outlets handle ethical, legal, and editorial considerations that impact or limit their work.
- Improve the level of detail, reliable sourcing, and accuracy in reporting by participating journalists about the United States and U.S. policies.
- Total available funding: $75,000
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $50,000 to a maximum of $75,000
- Length of performance period: 12 to 24 months
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations (both U.S. and non-U.S.)
- Public and private educational institutions (both U.S. and non-U.S.)
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=332410