The Scherman Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Core Fund Arts Program 2020.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Core Fund Arts Program supports a wide range of organizations from small groups focused on the work of a single artist, to larger producing entities and museums, as well as groups providing the infrastructure to sustain the creative life, which is the focus of the project-based Rosin Fund Arts Program.
The Foundation seeks to support generative artistry—the composers, playwrights, and choreographers creating new work and the musicians, actors, dancers, and artist-driven companies that bring their work to life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Foundation funds a broad variety of professional performing arts organizations, as well as a limited number of visual arts groups. Its primary criteria are excellence, innovation, and intellectual relevance. Within those criteria, it values creative diversity.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
General operating and project grants considered. Grants average $35,000 over two-years.
Core Fund Arts Program will not fund:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Individual productions
- Capital campaigns or endowment
- Organization and projects outside New York City
All applicants must be exempt from income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Please note when submitting a new Letter of Intent:
- You must answer all questions highlighted with an asterisk. You will be unable to submit your LOI if you do not answer these questions.
- You can save and continue your LOI at any time, by clicking the button labeled “SAVE AS DRAFT.”
- Once you have completed your application, click the “SUBMIT FORM” button to submit the LOI to the Foundation.
- LOIs for the Core Fund should be no more than three pages and include the following information:
- Description of the organization’s mission and work
- A brief yet compelling summary of the purpose of the request and activities to be supported
- Please attach the following documents to complete the LOI:
- The current annual organizational budget; if applicable, a total project budget
- Present sources of support including the amounts and whether received, committed, or projected/pending
- Current Board of Directors list with names, board positions, and affiliations
- Biographies of senior leadership or key personnel
- IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Determination Letter
All LOIs will receive an automatic verification of submission via email. Applicants will generally be advised within eight weeks if an LOI has been declined or invited to submit a full proposal for consideration.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, visit http://scherman.org/programs/arts/core-fund/