Applications are now open for the Scott County Regional Authority Grant Program to serve residents of Scott County, Iowa for the first time and organizations with an existing account may access the SCRA online grant portal.
- All grants in the amount of $100,000 or more
- Grants may be awarded for educational, civic, public, charitable, patriotic or religious purposes. Applicants must be non-profit organizations exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Code, a government entity, or an educational institution. ALL NON-PROFIT applicants IRS designation will be confirmed by SCRA through the Guidestar feature of the online application system.
- The organization must serve residents of Scott County and the grant must be used for services to Scott County residents.
- The organization must be incorporated or chartered or authorized to do business in the state of its principal place of business or chartered or licensed by the U. S. Government. ALL NON-PROFIT applicants must maintain legal existence and remain in good standing with the state of its principal place of business.
- The organization must have a local office and a local corporate board of directors with a significant number of members who are residents of Scott County.
- ALL NON-PROFIT applicants must upload a Balance Sheet AND Income Statement for the most recent full fiscal year with each application.
- Grants will not be made to individuals, including scholarships.
- Grants will not be made to political causes, political candidates or lobbying efforts.
- Grants will not be made to support endowment funds.
- Grants will not be made to fund an organization’s operating deficits, or ongoing operating expenses.
- SCRA does not normally fund personnel expenses, except for outside contracted services for specific projects. Personnel expenses include salaries and benefits for part or full time employees.
- Grants will not be made for expenses of fund raising campaigns.
- Each grant must be for a defined program or project which must commence within twelve months of the grant cycle approving such grant (June 1 or December 1). Grant funds must be expended within the same time frame and invoiced to SCRA within 60 days after the grant cycle ends.
For more information, visit https://www.scottcountyregionalauthority.com/grant-application/