Segal Family Foundation is currently seeking applications to support organizations cultivating healthy, productive, and empathetic youth.
Segal Family Foundation grants its philanthropic focus to Sub Saharan Africa and community-based organizations that have the localized knowledge needed to create sustainable change in their communities. The foundation supports African-led, grassroots non-governmental organizations building healthy, productive and empathetic youth.
- Have an annual budget ranging between $50,000-$500,000.
- Organizations with a budget over $1 million may apply by invitation only.
- Foundation determines a grant’s size based on the context of the organization. First-time grants typically range from $10,000-$40,000.
- Most grant commitments last 12 months. Grants are capped at $100,000 a year per partner.
- Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health: Seek to empower young people with comprehensive information and access to a full range of reproductive health services to build and support strong, healthy families in which every child is wanted and cared for as a human right. It aims:
- Increase access to contraception through better distribution, tailored youth-friendly services, diverse contraceptive options, reliable supply chains and integrated family planning into other health services.
- Increase demand to meet the need for ASRH services, contraceptives and family planning education.
- Eliminate unsafe abortions by increasing access to safe and legal abortions and improve post-abortion care.
- Productive Youth: Goal is to help disadvantaged and high-achieving secondary and tertiary-aged youth become healthy, productive, and empathetic young adults. It aims:
- Increase quality secondary and tertiary education to girls and boys by supporting sponsorship programs, formal educational institutions, and career opportunities.
- Address the gap between school and the workforce by supporting organizations that focus on life skills, career development, informal and vocational trainings, mentorship, and social entrepreneurship programs.
- African-led, grassroots non-governmental organizations within the foundation’s focused thematic and geographic areas.
- Are registered with the local or national government as a nonprofit organization. They do not provide start-up funding for the creation of new organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website
For more information, please visit Segal Family Foundation.