The Enabling Fund aims to enhance the development and vitality of Official Language Minority Communities (OLMCs) across Canada.
They do this by addressing gaps in employment for Francophones outside of Quebec or English-speaking residents of Quebec. This support is part of an integrated approach to growth, sustainability and well-being. The program focuses on local solutions for local economies.
- This funding supports projects that:
- Strengthen capacity in the areas of human resource development and community economic development, and
- Promote collaboration at all levels, including with federal partners.
- Funding is provided to not-for-profit organizations that provide leadership in economic and human development matters on behalf of the OLMCs in their respective province or territory. This is a solicited funding process. Groups with specific experience related to program objectives have been invited to apply.
- These organizations are part of 2 networks:
- The Economic Development and Employability Network (RDÉE) , composed of RDÉE Canada (the national coordinating body) and 12 provincial/territorial organizations in Francophone and Acadian communities, and
- The Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation (CEDEC) for English-speaking communities in Quebec
For more information, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/solicited-official-languages-minority-community.html