The National Youth development Agency (NYDA) Grant Programme has been launched to provide young entrepreneurs with an opportunity to access both financial and non- financial business development support in order to enable them to establish or grow their businesses.
The programme focuses on youth entrepreneurs who are at intentional, promising and new stages of enterprise development. Young people whose business ideas qualify for the Grant Programme, depending on their individual needs, will also undergo some of the NYDA’s non- financial support services, including:
- Business Consultancy Services;
- Market Linkages;
- Business Management Training Programme;
- Youth Co-operative Development Programme.
- Individuals or Enterprises which require funding less than a R1000 or more than R200 000 (for agriculture and technology related projects the maximum funding value is R250,000.00).
Utilization of the Grant Funding
The grant can be utilized for the following:
- To purchase movable and immovable assets.
- Bridging finance.
- Shop renovations.
- Working capital paid directly to the grantee.
- Co-funding with legal entities only.
The qualifying criteria includes:
- Are youth 18-35 years;
- You must apply 3 months before you turn 35 years;
- Youth with skills, experience or; with the potential skill, appropriate for the enterprise that they conduct or intend to conduct.
- Are South African citizens;
- Are resident in South Africa;
- Members of entities should comprise 100% south African youth citizen;
- Operate business within the borders of South Africa.
For more information, visit http://www.nyda.gov.za/Products-Services/NYDA-Grant-Programme