The United Arts Council is seeking applications for its Artist Support Grants to create work, improve their business operations, or bring their work to new audiences.
Artist Support Grants support a broad range of talented artists in the disciplines of visual arts, performing arts, literary arts, and interdisciplinary arts.
Individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists who have lived in Chatham, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, or Wake County for at least one year are eligible to apply for grants up to $1,500.
- Both individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Artists should have lived continuously in Chatham, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, or Wake County for at least one year prior to the September 1, 2021 application deadline. Proof of residence may be required.
- If applying as an unincorporated group of collaborating artists, all members must live in Chatham, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, or Wake County, and meet the other eligibility requirements.
- Artists who are sole proprietors of organizations that have received funding for FY2021–2022from the N.C. Arts Council are ineligible to apply.
- Current board and staff members of Chatham Arts Council, Harnett County Government, Johnston County Arts Council, Lee County Arts Council, United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply.
- Only adult, non-student artists are eligible to apply. Artists enrolled full-time in undergraduate or associate degree-granting programs may not apply for the grant. Artists in certificate programs are generally eligible. Artists pursuing graduate degrees in subjects other than their art form may be eligible if they meet the other eligibility criteria.
For more information, visit https://unitedarts.org/grants/artist-support-grants/