Deadline: 30 November 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark has announced a Notice of Funding Opportunity for Danish organizations, individuals, educational initiatives, and non-governmental organization (NGO) projects, whose aim is to promote and deepen the understanding and appreciation of American foreign policy and culture.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- the Faroe Islands
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Awards may range from a minimum of $1,000 and should not exceed $15,000.
Funding is available for projects that:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Reinforce U.S.-Danish shared values – Projects that build mutual understanding and promote American culture, including music, art, sports, and education, American Studies, English, and promotion of studying in the United States, or that support human rights, including LGBTI and gender equality, youth empowerment, diversity, and acceptance of minority groups, and other areas of mutual interest that promote freedom and democracy.
- Strengthen Economic Prosperity – Projects that encourage trade and investment between the United States and Denmark, and support entrepreneurship and innovation. Projects that support science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) among Danish youth or minority groups.
- Build Cross-Cultural Understanding – Projects that use cultural, educational, or public awareness activities to advance understanding between Danish and American societies, national and regional cultures/subcultures, and faith/ethnic communities. Proposals with an American component will be viewed more favorably.
- Include Youth – Projects that target youth populations, with emphasis on youth exchanging ideas and working together. Projects targeting economically disadvantaged youth populations will be viewed favorably.
- Connect with Underserved or Marginalized Populations – Projects that target underserved populations, to include those who are economically disadvantaged, migrant populations, and populations outside of major cities.
The following are eligible to apply:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
How to Apply
Application forms and instruction documents are available on the given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Small Grants Program.