The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced a call for proposals for its Grant Programme to help with assessing the viability of a project, or to help fund development costs for projects based in Scotland.
- Project Viability Grant (PVG): Project Viability Grants (PVG) are to fund studies to look at potential uses for a building and at its current condition, and usually produce a Viability Report to a standard template. Successful completion of this will be used to judge whether applicants can then apply for the AHF’s Project Development Grant funding, and can be used to secure further funding elsewhere. This grant is administered on a monthly rolling basis. They aim to let you know whether you have been successful within six to eight weeks.
- William Grant Foundation Tailored Support Fund (TSF): This is intended to help organisations and projects that may not fit will within the criteria for other grant programmes. Examples of situations they would welcome a discussion about include:
- emergency repairs;
- meanwhile uses;
- uplifts in existing funding due to unexpected situations/increased costs;
- projects involving unlisted buildings that are still important heritage to local communities;
- any other areas where the other grant funding programmes cannot currently assist.
- Project Development Grant (PDG): The Project Development Grant (PDG) scheme is intended to assist an organisation to cover some of the costs of developing and co-ordinating a project and taking it towards the start of work on site.
- Project Viability Grant (PVG): Maximum: £10,000 – Average Offer: £6,000
- William Grant Foundation Tailored Support Fund (TSF): Maximum: £10,000 – Average Offer: £7,500
- Project Development Grant (PDG): Maximum: £40,000 – Average Offer: £15,000
Wherever you are in the UK, your organisation must be one of the following not-for-private-profit organisations or lowest tiers of local government:
- Unincorporated organisations that are intending to incorporate (for Project Viability Grants only);
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs or SCIOs);
- Charitable Companies Limited by Guarantee;
- Charitable Community Benefit Societies;
- Community Benefit Societies;
- Not-for-private-profit Companies Limited by Guarantee;
- Community Interest Companies (CICs) Limited by Guarantee;
- Parish and Town Councils.
For more information, visit http://ahfund.org.uk/scotland