The New Orleans City Council is seeking proposals for the City Council/Harrah’s Community Support Grants Program.
- The purpose of the program is to provide grant support to local organizations and projects that contribute substantially to the well-being, development, and growth of the New Orleans community.
- The program is intended to be broad-based and to foster a diversity of meritorious organizations and projects
- Organizations and projects that meet a greater number of the Council’s overall goals will be given greater emphasis
- Each Council member will be allocated $32,142 annually.
- Harrah’s New Orleans Casino will make available “one” annual award totaling $225,000 to grant recipients selected by the New Orleans City Council. Each Councilmember will be allocated $32,142 annually. Any funds not awarded will be rolled forward into the subsequent year.
- Organizations must have an IRS exempt status (e.g., 501(c)(3), 509(a), or Form 990 indicating tax-exempt status).
- Organizations must be in good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State’s Office.
- Programs/projects funded under this program must have their permanent location in the Parish of Orleans.
- Organizations shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Funding under this grant cannot be used for political activities
- Funding under this grant cannot be used for programs which are operated by or take place in primary/secondary educational institutions
- Funding is limited to not more than 50% of the total budget for an existing organization/project and not more than 25% of the total budget for a start-up organization or new project.
For more information, visit https://council.nola.gov/resources/harrahs-casino-community-support-grant-program/