Deadline: 9 July 2019
Impact Fund is accepting applications for its grants program for Fall 2019, awarding grants to legal services nonprofits, private attorneys, and/or small law firms who seek to advance justice in the areas of civil and human rights, environmental justice, and/or poverty law.
- Social Justice: Provides grants and legal support to assist in human and civil rights cases.
- Environmental Justice: Provides grants to support impact litigation for environmental justice, with a focus on marginalized communities.
- Economic Justice: Provides financial and other forms of support to cases fighting for economic justice.
- The Impact Fund makes recoverable grants to lawyers, law firms, and nonprofit organizations involved in impact litigation.
- Most of their grants are for one particular case, but occasionally they fund a series of cases bound by a common strategy. They fund civil rights, human rights, anti-poverty, and environmental justice cases that will affect a marginalized group.
- Most of their grants are for class actions, but they also fund multi-plaintiff and environmental justice cases that aim to significantly affect a larger system. Impact Fund grants may be used for out-of-pocket litigation expenses such as expert fees and discovery costs, but not for attorney’s fees, staff, or other overhead.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.impactfund.org/about-legal-case-grants/
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.