The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) is offering The Fund for Women & Girls Grant Program to broaden the awareness of and response to issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy.
The Fund for Women & Girls has been working for nearly two decades to and continues to strengthen its primary goals:
- To recruit 1,000 individuals to join the Dream Team by each making a gift of $1,000 which will be used to create a lasting endowment of $1 million to support women and girls now, and far into the future.
- Make grants annually to local nonprofit organizations that focus on bettering the lives of women and girls in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area.
- The Fund for Women & Girls believes that positive social change will come about only when barriers of class, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, educational background, faith traditions, gender identity, race, and sexual orientation are overcome, Participation at the broadest level is the beacon of the work.
- Enduring progress will be made by focusing on assets unique to the lives and work of women and girls. They strive to create a climate of empowerment in a community where many voices can contribute to the shaping of will and attitudes.
- In the society, gender powerfully affects experience and opportunity. All voices will be heard, including those outside the mainstream and those silent voices within the mainstream.
To further its mission, The Fund for Women & Girls utilizes four Funding Priorities which seek to support projects that advance the lives of women and girls by:
- Providing opportunities to address basic needs or develop economic self-sufficiency.
- Providing opportunities to strengthen and address health and safety needs.
- Providing opportunities for education.
- Providing opportunities to invest in systems and sustainable change efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Fund for Women & Girls is seeking proposals that are change-making for local women & girls.
- Proposed projects may seek to strengthen and/or sustain existing programs, expand existing programs or be brand new.
- Proposals must be focused on service to women, service to girls, service to women & girls, or service to those who identify as such.
- Proposals must have lasting value and provide a plan for sustainability beyond the grant term.
- The maximum grant is $5,000. In 2019, grant awards ranged from $1,000-$3,000.
- Grants are awarded for one year.
- In 2020, TFWG awarded $20,000 to five nonprofit organizations for their 20th anniversary.
- Eligible projects must serve individuals, groups, and/or locations within Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry Counties, and/or the Dillsburg Area of Northern York County.
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
For more information, visit https://www.tfec.org/grants/womens-fund-grant/