Deadline: 1 August 2019
The U.S. Embassy Skopje Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Department of State has announced that funding is available through the Embassy’s public diplomacy grants program for creative new ideas and projects that increase mutual understanding between the U.S. and North Macedonia and promote the bilateral relationship.
Topic areas eligible for funding include:
- entrepreneurship and innovation
- programs that support culture and the arts, including mutual appreciation of artistic work from both countries
- diversity and empowerment of youth and undeserved communities
- programs that support North Macedonia’s accession to NATO and the European Union
- The total amount available is expected to be up to $60,000.
- Most awards are expected to be around $10,000, with a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $20,000.
Activities that are appropriate for funding through the Annual Program Statement include, but are not limited to:
- Youth engagement, leadership, and education programs, including initiatives that establish exchanges between the youth of North Macedonia and the United States.
- Bringing an American expert and/or performer to North Macedonia.
- Conferences, workshops, forums, panel discussions, and master classes on American themes or issues of mutual interest.
- Exhibitions of works by Americans or on American themes.
- Cultural programs, particularly those that target youth and underserved communities.
- Television and social media programming in support of the above objectives.
The U.S. Embassy encourages applications from local non-governmental organizations. U.S. NGOs may apply, but preference is given to partnerships that develop the capacity of NGOs in North Macedonia and include plans to transfer programs to sustainable local management.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://mk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/249/NOFO-FY-19-Annual-Program-Statement-1.pdf