Deadline: 28 February 2020
The Cultural Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in the Republic of Moldova has announced the English Language Grants Program that works to build mutual understanding between Moldovans and Americans. Embassy do this through support of English-language instruction.
U.S. Embassy English-language programming funds support English-language community in Moldova. Learning English for Moldovans is a route to economic empowerment and a gateway to an appreciation for US culture and society.
Strategic Priorities and Program Goals
Strategic Priority Themes for the 2020 financial year are:
- Fostering Innovation and Supporting Entrepreneurship
- Combatting corruption
- Supporting Independent Voices
- Supporting free and fair elections
- Encouraging Good Governance
- Sharing American Values
U.S. Embassy encourage innovative and creative proposals that go beyond just language-learning and use English as a medium to support the aforementioned themes.
Grant Information and Duration
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Award Ceiling: $45,000
- Award Floor: $15,000
- Total budget for the competition: $130,000
- Maximum period of performance: 12 months
The Grants Program cannot fund:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Organizations with affiliation to elected officials, political parties, or religious groups;
- Humanitarian or charitable activities, including direct social services to populations;
- Fundraising campaigns;
- Career development;
- Political or partisan activities;
- Scientific research;
- Individual trips abroad;
- Trade activities;
- Health projects;
- Construction costs;
- Pre-award costs.
- Moldovan non-profit NGOs, International non-profit NGOs which will partner with a Moldovan NGO or will benefit the Moldovan audience, Moldovan public institutions.
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education.
- Public Affairs Section reserves the right to request additional background information on applicants that do not have previous experience administering federal grant awards, and these applicants may be subject to limited funding on a pilot basis.
Cost Sharing or Matching
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants are not required to include funding from other donors. However, applications that include additional in-kind and/or cash contributions from non-U.S. Government sources will be more competitive, since cost-sharing may demonstrate a stronger commitment to the planned activities and greater cost effectiveness.
Note: The Department of State prohibits profit under its assistance awards to for-profit or commercial organizations. No funds will be paid as profit to any recipient. Profit is defined as any amount in excess of allowable direct and indirect costs. The permissibility of costs incurred by commercial organizations is determined in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) at 48 CFR Part 31, Cost Accounting Standards, and Part 31 Contract Cost Principles and Procedures. Program income earned by the recipient must be deducted from the total project or program allowable cost in determining the net allowable costs on which the federal share of costs is based.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
A complete application must contain the following mandatory elements:
- Application Format in MS Word format (available for download)
- Detailed Budget in MS Excel format (available for download)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (Free form)
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=323913