The U.S. Embassy to Chisinau, Moldova is pleased to announce an open competition for assistance awards through this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for one or a series of programs in Media Sustainability.
The objective of the project is to support qualified organizations that can prove their competency in organizing the hereby described project in the most sustainable and efficient way.
The program aims to foster the sustainability of media outlets by improving:
- Media managers’ business skills;
- Transparency and accuracy of television viewership measurement and/or the television advertising market;
- Creation and updating of business plans, including exploration of revenue sources other than advertising; development of marketing plans to increase audiences and expand the reach of media outlets; development of new products by media outlets to attract or retain audiences and to bring in additional revenue;
- The willingness and ability of media outlets to work together, formally or informally, on issues of common concern.
- The U.S. Embassy will consider awarding grants ranging from $25,000 to $100,000. Any requests outside of these limits will not be considered.
- Total budget for the competition: $300,000.
- Assistance Instruments: Grants or Fixed Amount Awards.
- The maximum period of performance: 24 months.
- Eligibility is limited to organizations officially registered and licensed in the Republic of Moldova and not affiliated with elected or appointed government or political party officials or their family members, nor affiliated with individuals or groups designated by U.S. officials for being involved with significant corruption or their family members.
- Organizations from outside the country may apply via a locally registered partner organization.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331337