The program aims to increase the level of journalism professionalism through:
- Training programs;
- Study tours, internships, or other exposure to quality, professional media practitioners in Moldova, nearby countries, and/or the United States;
- The willingness and ability of media outlets to work together, formally or informally on issues of common concern.
- The U.S. Embassy will consider awarding grants ranging from $30,000 to $100,000. Any requests outside of these limits will not be considered.
- Total budget for the competition: $500,000.
- Assistance Instruments: Grants or Fixed Amount Awards.
- The maximum period of performance: 24 months.
Participants and Audiences
- Partnerships, joint efforts, and co-funded initiatives are highly encouraged. Successful proposals should include an assessment and sustainability plan, along with feasible solutions to current issues in the media market.
- Eligibility is limited to organizations officially registered and licensed in the Republic of Moldova and not affiliated with elected or appointed government or political party officials or their family members, nor affiliated with individuals or groups designated by U.S. officials for being involved with significant corruption or their family members.
- Organizations from outside the country may apply via a locally registered partner organization.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331335