The objective of the project is to increase critical thinking towards mass media and social media among Moldovans. Critical thinking includes, among other skills, the ability to distinguish information from propaganda, analyze media communication, and interact with social media in a mindful way.
Proposals should have clearly defined objectives to reach specific goals within the field of media literacy. They should propose an adequate mixture of tools and activities to achieve those objectives. These could include:
- Creation of multilingual on-line material and interactive tools to improve the capacities of citizens to acquire a critical understanding of the media and to interact with it;
- Awareness-raising and efficient dissemination of the material created by the project or other similar material/activities that can be adapted to the same purpose, in particular through networks that can act as multipliers;
- Efficient dissemination of best practices, for instance through workshops, on-line platforms and/or training programs;
- Campaigns aimed at helping citizens in all regions of Moldova to interact with media in a mindful way;
- Innovative activities that can develop citizens’ ability to distinguish information from propaganda or otherwise develop capacity related to critical thinking towards the media;
- Activities with local communities or networks to tailor and make some of the above tools available.
- The U.S. Embassy will consider awarding grants ranging from $25,000 to $75,000. Any requests outside of these limits will not be considered.
- Total budget for the competition: $150,000.
- Assistance Instruments: Grants or Fixed Amount Awards.
- The maximum period of performance: 24 months.
- Eligibility is limited to organizations officially registered and licensed in the Republic of Moldova and not affiliated with elected or appointed government or political party officials or their family members, nor affiliated with individuals or groups designated by U.S. officials for being involved with significant corruption or their family members.
- Organizations from outside the country may apply via a locally registered partner organization.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331355