The Somerset Community Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Festive Fund for Somerset.
- is based in a more disadvantaged community. Their team check the Index of Multiple Deprivation to see if you are in a richer or poorer part of Somerset. The Government publishes this Index.
- works with older people or other groups facing bigger challenges. This might include people with disabilities, or those with conditions like dementia
- actively works with other groups in your area to make sure everyone can benefit from what you provide
- has not received money from them in the last year.
- The Festive Fund has about £ 10,000 to give out this year.
- You can ask for up to £ 300 but they expect most awards to be £ 200.
- You can only apply if your group:
- is based in the county of Somerset (but not North Somerset or BANES)
- exists to support your community and doesn’t make a profit for any directors, members, or shareholders
- wants to provide food and / or festive activities for isolated people between December 2021 and January 2022.
- That means charities, community groups, sports clubs, and social enterprises can usually apply. But your group must have a:
- governing document or set of rules
- committee of at least three unrelated people
- bank account in its name
- safeguarding policy.
For more information, visit https://www.somersetcf.org.uk/festivefund