The British and Foreign Schools Society (BFSS) is inviting proposals for its grant program to improve the educational outcomes and life chances of Young Carers and Children Looked After under the age of 25 living in the UK.
BFSS will fund projects which:
- Improve educational outcomes–including supporting these children and young people to attend and engage in mainstream school life, increasing the number of education professionals able to understand their needs, and improving their access to out of school support.
- Improve life chances –including improving support for these young people (aged 16-25) to access further education, employment or training opportunities and improving support for them to remain engaged with these opportunities.
- BFSS will fund between £30,000 to £100,000 per project (maximum £30,000 per year for multi year projects).
- Funding is available for one to five years.
- UK registered charities with an annual income of between £5,000 and £2.5 million, and at least three years of continuous accounts.
- UK based and state funded schools, academies, colleges and other educational establishments regardless of their income size, providing they can demonstrate a network effect beyond one individual school.
- Organisations should be directly involved in the provision of the project activities. They do not fund organisations whose primary purpose is fundraising.
For more information, visit https://bfss.org.uk/grant-giving/application-process-and-key-dates/