The purpose of the City of Falls Church Arts and Humanities 2022 Project Grant Program is to support activities, programs, events and strategies that encourage arts, history, and cultural education and strengthen the vitality of these efforts in the City of Falls Church and serve as a catalyst in the greater community.
Consistent with the purpose of the Arts and Humanities Grants program, grant funds will be awarded to support programs, events or activities that achieve one or more of the following goals:
- Stimulating excellence in Falls Church in the area of the arts, theatre, culture and/or history
- Encouraging cultural and ethnic diversity in Falls Church
- Enhancing the quality of life in Falls Church through:
- Stimulating economic development
- Supporting educational advancement in the arts, theater, culture and history
- Appealing to the widest audience
- Making the culture, arts, theater and history accessible to all
- Organizations may submit applications for projects up to $5,000. The Grant committee may choose to full fund or partial fund project grants. ($2,000 is set aside annually for heritage grants.)
Organizations must meet these five requirements:
- Only tax-exempt organizations as defined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) are eligible, or organizations that have a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) as its fiscal agent for a project grant.
- The organization’s core mission must be towards the research, production, presentation, exhibition, education or performance of arts, culture, theater or history.
- The organization must reside in the City of Falls Church with a City of Falls Church address on record.
- At least 75% of the organization’s programming or activities must take place in the City of Falls Church.
- Any previous Arts and Humanities grants awarded to the organization must be closed out and all reports and funds from previous grants be accounted for before the next grant can be awarded.
For more information, visit http://www.fallschurchva.gov/1844/Grant-Programs-for-Arts-Humanities