Through this special call, UAF – Africa will be providing funding to women’s rights and gender non-conforming activists and groups to influence the Beijing +25 review process, content and outcomes with grants of up to USD 20,000 for up to nine months.
The purpose of this special call is to provide financial support to women’s organizations and gender non-conforming groups and activists to support sub-national/national/sub-regional convenings that will contribute to critical analysis and priority setting of the Beijing+25 process and outcomes.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Additionally, UAF-Africa will provide advocacy and alliance building grants to feminist activists and organisations to strengthen the communication and information sharing on the BPfA roadmap through holding online discussions, webinars, digital publications, social media campaigns and physical meetings, to share strategies and exchange knowledge. During the post Generation Equality Forums (GEF) in Mexico and Paris in May and July 2020 respectively; and the UN General Assembly (UNGAS) in September 2020, UAF-Africa will support learning initiatives that will contribute to broader understanding of the outcomes of the meetings as well as planning on incorporating of those outcomes in local feminist agendas, strategies and national monitoring mechanisms.
Details about the BPFA +25 Grants
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
UAF – Africa believes in the power of women to activate change and therefore has created this special call to provide financial support to women’s rights organizations and gender non-conforming groups and activists in Africa. This initiative will provide Rapid Response Grants and Advocacy and Alliance Building Grants to collectives/organisations working to:
- Enhance the capacity of women and gender non-conforming activists and groups to influence Beijing +25 processes, content, outcomes at national, regional and international levels by providing surge funding through rapid response and advocacy and alliance grants;
- Increase governments accountability to tangible commitments on gender equality and women’s rights by heightening the visibility of national priorities/ demands through campaigns, strategic communications and other advocacy activities;
- Promote commitments to strategic resourcing of women’s rights and gender equality work through strategic communications, campaigns and other advocacy activities;
- Build widespread understanding among feminist, women’s and marginalized constituencies on the outcomes of the Gender Equality Forums (Paris and Mexico) for effective local monitoring of post Beijing+25 commitments.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
UAF-Africa is offering two types of grants:
- Rapid- Response Grants (RRGs):
- Grant Amount: up to USD 12, 000.
- Grant Period: The grant is for time-sensitive situations, and the activities should be carried out within 3 months.
- Advocacy and Alliance Building Grants:
- Grant Amount: up to USD 20, 000.
- Grant Period: This grant is to support advocacy activities with policy makers, government leaders at all levels and traditional leaders to influence decision making regarding the implementation of policy and law. These activities are more long-term and can take place within a 6-9 month period.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Defending the Defenders
- Protecting women’s Individual Dignity,Safety and Autonomy
- Justice and the Rule of Law
- Economic Justice
- Natural Resource Governance & Climate Change
Women’s rights and gender non-conforming activists and groups that fit the following criteria:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Based in Africa;
- Have a majority (at least 70%) of women members or staff/board with women holding positions of power and authority;
- Committed to pursuing women’s rights agenda and gender equality;
- The proposed project/initiative to be carried out within 3 months for Rapid Response Grants and 6 -9 months for Advocacy and Alliance Building Grants.
Note: For-profit organisations, individuals, political parties or government bodies are NOT eligible for funding.
For more information, visit https://www.uaf-africa.org/beijing-platform-for-action-bpfa-25-national-regional-international-strategic-advocacy-initiatives/