The United Way of the Plains is pleased to announce the 2022-2023 Community Impact Grant Program to all 501(c)(3), nonprofit organizations serving Butler, Cowley, Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Reno, Sedgwick, and Sumner counties.
They invest in nonprofit programs that help all individuals achieve their human potential in the areas of health, education, financial stability and basic needs – the building blocks for a good quality of life and a strong community. They invite nonprofits in south central Kansas who provide services in these areas to review their funding opportunities.
Funding priorities were established to address the needs of their community and create opportunity for all people to achieve their human potential. United Way of the Plains seeking applications from nonprofit organizations that provide programs in alignment with the focus areas:
- Access to Health Care and Mental Health Services
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Health Equity
- School Ready Children
- Promoting Success in School
- Support for Student’s Overall Development
- Financial Stability
- Workforce Development
- Financial Literacy
- Pathways to Homeownership
- Basic Needs
- Food Insecurity
- Rent/Utility Assistance
- Emergency Shelter
The following requirements must be met for an application to receive funding through the Community Impact Fund process:
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3).
- The proposed program must concentrate its efforts and services within the United Way of the Plains service area:
- Butler (Zip Codes: 66842, 67002, 67010, 67012, 67017, 67039, 67041, 67072, 67074, 67123, 67133, 67144, 67154)
- Harvey (Zip Code: 67135)
- The proposed program must align with one of United Way’s strategies in Health, Education, Financial Stability and Basic Needs.
- United Way does not fund grants to individuals, art/cultural organizations, animal services, capital needs or environmental concerns.
- Organizations must not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression (including transgender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
For more information, visit https://www.unitedwayplains.org/nonprofit-investment-opportunities/