The RHSE program supports quality of life in rural communities across the United States by addressing the relationship between rural prosperity and rural health and safety in the context of food, agriculture, natural resources, and human sciences (including, but not limited to, Traditional Ecological Knowledge).
The RHSE program proposals are expected to be community-based outreach education programs, such as those conducted through Human Science extension outreach that provide individuals and families with:
- information as to the value of good health at any age;
- information to increase individual or family’s motivation to take more responsibility for their own health;
- information regarding rural environmental health issues that directly impact human health;
- information about and access to health promotion and educational activities; and
- training for volunteers and health services providers concerning health promotion and health care services for individuals and families in cooperation with state, local, and community partners.
The amount available for the Rural Health and Safety Education (RHSE) program in FY 2022 is approximately $4,000,000.
- Applicants for the Rural Health and Safety Education (RHSE) program must meet all the requirements discussed in this RFA.
- Failure to meet the eligibility criteria by the application deadline may result in exclusion from consideration or, preclude NIFA from making an award.
- For those new to Federal financial assistance, NIFA’s Grants Overview provides highly recommended information about grants and other resources to help understand the Federal awards process.
Centers of Excellence Pursuant of the Agricultural Act of 2014, NIFA will recognize and prioritize COE applicants that carry out research, extension, and education activities that relate to the food and agricultural sciences. A COE is composed of one or more of the following entities that provide financial or in-kind support to the COE:
State agricultural experiment stations;
Colleges and universities;
University research foundations;
Other research institutions and organizations;
Private organizations, foundations, or corporations;
Any group consisting of two or more of the entities.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=337472