Deadline: 15 March 2019
The United States Agency for International Development in Burma (USAID/Burma) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the Agriculture and Food-Systems Development Activity.
USAID/Burma intends to award an assistance activity under the US Government’s Feed the Future (FTF) Initiative, through a competitive Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), subject to the availability of funding. The Feed the Future Burma Agriculture and food system Development Activity (AFD) will facilitate strong bonds of economic mutual interest across ethnic divides in northern Burma through the development and strengthening of agriculture and food systems. This will include capacity building at various levels – production, post-harvest handling and food processing – to improve the integration of smallholder farmers into local and regional markets, as well as into other lucrative market opportunities, and thereby create opportunities for sustainable peace.
- Women’s empowerment;
- Organizational performance;
- Increased peace and stability through economic interdependence among market actors of different ethnic backgrounds;
- Increased access to agriculture support services;
- Increased availability of improved inputs;
- Smallholder based supply-chains have expanded domestic and international market access;
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $38,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $38,000,000
- Award Floor: $38,000,000
Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted. USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=312873