Deadline: 26 November 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU) program.
The overall goal of CHISU is to strengthen country capacity and leadership to manage and use health information systems to improve evidence-based decisions.
The project will focus on enhancing host-country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information and to institutionalize evidence-based decision making. It will align activities, priorities and systems with host-country strategic health objectives and contribute to a country’s own development journey. This project will build upon USAID’s Global Health Bureau’s (GH) long-history promoting the use of data for decision making and enhancing health information systems in collaboration with host country counterparts.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Strengthened governance and enabling environment of the host-country health information systems;
- Increased availability and interoperability of quality health data and information systems;
- Increased demand and use of health data and information to address health priorities, gaps and challenges; and,
- Strengthened organizational development of local, non-governmental partners for sustained local engagement on health data use.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
USAID envisions a majority of the project work will take place in the Africa region, followed by Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and Europe and Eurasia; however this will be dependant on USAID Mission funding (buy-in) and is subject to change.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Host-Country Commitment
- Data Security
- Coordination, Communication and Collaboration
- Capacity Building
- Information Sharing and Global Leadership
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $200,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $200,000,000
- Award Floor: $150,000,000
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity and have the necessary organizational, experience, accounting and operational controls and technical skills, or ability to obtain them in order to achieve the objectives of this project and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
- Individuals, foreign governments and foreign government-owned parastatal organizations, United States government (USG) departments and agencies (at the federal, state, or local levels), and Public International Organizations (PIOs) (as defined by ADS 303) are not eligible to apply for funding under this program.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321696