The United Way of the Greater Capital Region (UWGCR) is excited to announce the Respond, Recover, Rebuild Focused Investments to advance community well-being on a generational scale.
- The grant-making is guided by the following principles:
- Equity: They prioritize strategies that will result in greater equity and inclusion.
- Collaboration: They support approaches that bring together partners for greater impact.
- Systems-change: They seek to demonstrate innovative solutions that make institutional practices and policies more effective, efficient and just.
- Data-driven and evidence-informed: They use evaluation and data collection to inform the learning and deepen the approach and strategy. They are looking for organizations who do the same.
- Learning, evaluation, and communication: They are committed to learning with and from the grantees in a way that leads to transparent, intentional, and meaningful change.
- In the Focused Investment grants, UWGCR is looking for organizations that:
- Embrace ideas and processes whose outcomes deviate in a positive way from the norm;
- Center the self-determination and agency of every individual;
- Focus on what’s working rather than what’s missing, lacking, or broken;
- Remain continuously curious, respectful, and humble; and
- Embrace difference and diversity as a vital community resource.
- All non-profit 501(c)(3) agencies that include a focus on health, education and economic well-being that service the 7- county area of the Greater Capital District (Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie) may apply for funding, subject to meeting general United Way requirements. By submitting an application, you certify that your organization can provide the following documentation at any time during the course of the selection process:
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status;
- Audited financial statements
- List of current Board of Directors and their affiliation.
For more information, visit https://www.unitedwaygcr.org/request-proposals-2022