If you were given $500 to make an impact on youth in your community, what would you do? Calling all youth between the ages 11-16 living in the Sooke-Westshore region – United Way wants to hear from you on ways to improve your community to benefit young people. If your idea is chosen, you will be awarded $500 to help make it a reality. All ideas are welcome! Team up with your friends, teachers and family members to let the brainstorming begin. Do you have an exciting idea that would benefit youth and your community as a whole? Tell us about it!
Youth in Action (YIA) grants are distributed through United Way Southern Vancouver Island (UWSVI) as a part of Healthy Schools Healthy People Westshore initiative. The grants are made possible through generous donations and sponsorships from local businesses in the Capital Regional District (CRD).
- Awarded $500.
- Your Project Should Be:
- Youth-led (youth ages 11-16).
- Aiming to improve youth wellbeing in your school or community.
- Addressing a need or social issue in your community.
- Supported by at least one adult ally (such as a teacher, counsellor, adult mentor, etc.).
- A Strong Project Will Include:
- An explanation of why the project is needed in your school or community.
- An opportunity for youth to gain valuable skills and knowledge.
- The potential to make a lasting impact in your school or community.
- Calling all youth between the ages 11-16 living in the Sooke-Westshore region.
For more information, visit https://uwsvi.ca/youthinaction/