Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Hertfordshire Community Foundation (HCF) is seeking applications for its Warm Herts Fund to provide a warm place for local people to take a break from the cold and connect with others during the winter months.
In particular the funding is to support groups who welcome those who are vulnerable or have been affected by the rising cost-of-living.
Your warm space could be something set up specifically to help people this winter, or an existing service that your community group offers which you are extending to help more people.
The funding is has been made available by Hertfordshire County Council in conjunction with the ten district councils as part of the Government’s Household Support Fund. It is to enable community groups to add to the network of safe, trusted places where residents can go to keep warm.
Grants of up to £2,000 are available.
What can they fund?
Anything that will help you to provide a welcoming warm space to those who need it, including the following:
- extra energy costs
- staff time
- volunteer expenses
- venue hire
- provision of free or subsidised drinks and food
- other relevant costs for example transport to the venue
- Applications are welcome from charities, community and voluntary groups and not for profit organisations.
- They encourage organisations to provide Warm Spaces which are free and accessible by all communities in Hertfordshire.
- You can apply if you work or volunteer for a group that:
- is based in Hertfordshire
- is a not for profit voluntary or community group or faith group
- runs a venue, like a village hall, community centre, or religious building – or operates a service in a venue which could be used as a warm space
- has a Safeguarding policy that covers the activities you want us to fund plus a policy covering COVID and infectious diseases
- has an up to date Risk Assessment
For more information, visit https://www.hertscf.org.uk/warmspaces