The Warren County Arts Council is now accepting a second round of applications for North Carolina Arts Council Grassroots Arts Program sub grants.
Applications are available for non-profit organizations whose purpose is to promote and develop diverse cultural arts programming in Warren County.
Since 1977, the North Carolina Arts Council’s Grassroots Arts Program (GAP) has provided North Carolina citizens access to quality arts experiences. The program distributes funds for the arts in all 100 counties of the state primarily through partnerships with local arts councils.
- The first priority of the Grassroots Arts subgrant program is to provide operating or program support to qualified arts organizations not already receiving or eligible to receive support from the N.C. Arts Council. These include theaters, symphonies, galleries, art guilds, choral societies, dance companies, folk arts societies, writers’ groups and arts festivals, among others.
- The second priority of the Grassroots Arts subgrant program is to support arts learning and arts in education programs conducted by qualified artists. These can be artist residencies in schools, afterschool or summer camps or adult arts learning classes.
- The third priority of Grassroots Arts subgrants is to community, civic and municipal organizations. These programs must be conducted by qualified artists.
What the Grassroots Arts Program Funds?
Grassroots Arts Program funds may be used for expenditures to conduct quality arts programs or operate an arts organization. Typical uses of Grassroots money include:
- Program expenses such as professional artists’ fees and travel, space rental, advertising, marketing and publicity, website and electronic media, scripts, costumes, sets, props, music and equipment rental.
- Operating expenses for qualified arts organizations not already receiving operating support from the N.C. Arts Council. These can include salaries, telephone, office supplies, printing, postage, rent, utilities, insurance and equipment rental.
Grant amounts range from $500 and up.
- All organizations must have been in operation for at least one year. While nonprofit 501(c)(3) status is preferred, organizations that are nonprofit in nature may also apply.
- All organizations must reside and carry out projects within the county they are applying for funds.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply for Grassroots Arts funds.
- Applications and support materials must be completed and received by the due date.
- All projects must take place between July 1, 2020 and June 15, 2021.
- Grant amounts range from $500 and up
For more information, visit https://www.warrencountyartsnc.org/grassroots