Deadline: 12 September 2018
Applications are now open for the Third Wave Fund’s Mobilize Power Fund which is a rapid response fund that supports the leadership of young women of color, trans, gender non-conforming, queer, and intersex youth under 35 in social movements.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Third Wave Fund launched this fund because powerful movements need the ability to respond to and heal from immediate threats and opportunities with flexible and responsive funding opportunities.
This Fund May Support
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Actions against criminalization and violence
- Urgent community organizing or direct action
- Unanticipated legislative or ballot initiative campaigns
- Leadership training or participatory action research
- Healing and healing justice work
- Legal or bail fees
- Marches or rallies
- Conflict mediation/resolution
Grants can be made for up to $7,500 USD.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Organizations do not need a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor to receive funding.
- Third Wave Fund makes this clear to strongly encourage grassroots organizations, groups, and collectives led by and for young people of color and low-income communities to apply.
- Other Criteria
- Reproductive & Gender Justice Focus is Clear: Applicant’s political analysis and project specifically address patriarchy, transphobia, homophobia, gender inequity, or gender-based violence. Gender Justice activism includes racial justice, economic justice, immigration justice, reproductive justice, health & HIV/AIDS justice, trans/intersex/queer justice, disability justice, healing justice, anti-violence and/or anti-criminalization work.
- Community Leadership & Accountability: Campaigns, efforts, or organizations are led by the communities they serve and are responsive and accountable to those communities.
- Timely, Urgent, & Strategic: The event or situation applicant’s responding to was unanticipated and requires urgent or timely action that is well thought out with clear goals and desired outcomes.
- Young Women/Trans/GNC/Intersex-Led: Young women of color, trans, queer, gender non-conforming, and/or intersex activists under 35 are a core part of the decision making process.
- Organizational Need: Third Wave Fund will prioritize organizations with budgets under $500,000 and that are based in areas with limited access to philanthropic resources.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
All materials must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United States
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Mobilize Power Fund.