Deadline: 1 December 2018
The International Trans Fund (ITF) has announced their third grantmaking cycle. The ITF was created to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and support collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe.
The International Trans Fund (ITF) is a participatory grantmaking fund made up of trans activists and donors. The ITF aims to increase the capacity of the trans movement to self-organize and advocate for trans people’s rights, self-determination, and wellbeing.
ITF warmly welcomes applications from trans-led groups with budgets below $150,000 USD based in any region of the world.
The ITF’s priorities in this funding cycle are to:
- Fund a diversity of groups, including different regions, languages, gender identities, strategies and issues.
- Prioritize trans communities facing greater levels of marginalization (e.g. racism, classism, ageism, ableism, misogyny and so on).
- Support trans groups whose work is intersectional and contributes to social justice, movement building, and the liberation of trans people.
be eligible for funding groups must meet the following criteria:
- Be trans-led:
- Trans people must be in decision-making roles, including setting the organization’s strategic and financial priorities, and make up 75% of the group’s staff, spokespeople, and Board or decision-making body.
- If this is not the case, groups must demonstrate how trans people make budget, organizational and strategic decisions.
- Have an operating budget under $150,000 USD.
- Be a group of people (i.e. not an individual).
- Main focus of work is to benefit the trans community.
- Contribute to movement building, not just providing direct services.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit International Trans Fund.