Deadline: 16 May 2018
Third Wave Fund is inviting applications for Mobilize Power Fund which is a rapid response fund that supports the leadership of young women of color, trans, gender non-conforming, queer, and intersex youth under 35 in social movements.
- Grants can be made for up to $7,500 USD. Larger grants may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Coalitions or joint proposals can request up to $7,500 per group. For example, if a joint application is submitted by two organizations, applicants can request up to $15,000. The maximum amount a coalition or joint application can request is $15,000 for a partnership of three or more groups.
- Groups may not be granted more than once within a 6 month period. Groups applying more than once within the year will be considered upon discretion. Grantees who have not completed their follow-up reporting are ineligible for funding until completion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
This fund may support:
- Actions against criminalization and violence
- Urgent community organizing or direct action
- Unanticipated legislative or ballot initiative campaigns
- Leadership training or participatory action research
- Healing and healing justice work
- Legal or bail fees
- Marches or rallies
- Conflict mediation/resolution
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organizations do not need a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor to receive funding. the foundation makes this clear to strongly encourage grassroots organizations, groups, and collectives led by and for young people of color and low-income communities to apply.
- Other Criteria
- Reproductive & Gender Justice Focus is Clear: Applicant’s political analysis and project specifically address patriarchy, transphobia, homophobia, gender inequity, or gender-based violence. Gender Justice activism includes racial justice, economic justice, immigration justice, reproductive justice, health & HIV/AIDS justice, trans/intersex/queer justice, disability justice, healing justice, anti-violence and/or anti-criminalization work.
- Community Leadership & Accountability: Campaigns, efforts, or organizations are led by the communities they serve and are responsive and accountable to those communities.
- Timely, Urgent, & Strategic: The event or situation applicant’s responding to was unanticipated and requires urgent or timely action that is well thought out with clear goals and desired outcomes.
- Young Women/Trans/GNC/Intersex-Led: Young women of color, trans, queer, gender non-conforming, and/or intersex activists under 35 are a core part of the decision making process.
- Organizational Need: The foundation will prioritize organizations with budgets under $500,000 and that are based in areas with limited access to philanthropic resources.
How to Apply
All materials must be submitted at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Mobilize Power Fund.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.