Deadline: 16 May 2018
Third Wave Fund is seeking applications for Flush Transphobia Fund that is rapid response fund to support the leadership of transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming youth of color and low-income youth to respond to anti-trans legislation and ballot initiatives.
- Grants can be made for up to $7,500 USD. Larger grants may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Coalitions or joint proposals can request up to $7,500 per group. For example, if a joint application is submitted by two organizations, you can request up to $15,000. The maximum amount a coalition or joint application can request is $15,000 for a partnership of three or more groups.
- Groups may not be granted more than once within a 6 month period. Groups applying more than once within the year will be considered upon discretion. Grantees who have not completed their follow-up reporting are ineligible for funding until completion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Coalitions, informal groups, and nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply.
- Organizations do not need a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor to receive funding. The foundation makes this clear to strongly encourage grassroots organizations, groups, and collectives led by and for young people of color and low-income communities to apply.
- Trans-led work, focusing on challenging anti-trans policies.
- Trans, Non-Binary, Gender Non-Conforming-Led: Trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming youth of color and low-income youth are designing solutions and leading actions. Your work is deeply inclusive of feminine-spectrum folks, folks of color, and youth under the age of 35.
- Project is Focused on Addressing Anti-Trans Policies: Your proposed activities specifically bring together the trans community to address existing or proposed anti-trans legislation, policies, and/or ballot initiatives.
- Timely & Urgent: States and districts where a bill or ballot initiative are likely to pass or where the introduction of the bills have likely and significant political consequences for trans communities.
- Strategic: Your proposal includes a well thought through analysis of the problem, lays out clear goals, and presents a plan that makes sense given your goals and your role as an organization or coalition.
- Organizational Need: The foundation will prioritize organizations with budgets under $500,000 and that are based in areas with limited access to philanthropic resources.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Flush Transphobia Fund.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.