Deadline: 26 September 2019
The Cairn Foundation is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from experienced NGOs, for-profit organizations, charitable organizations, trusts, and other development organizations with proven capabilities and demonstrated performance on skill development to participate in a Competitive Bidding Process (CB) to “Design, Develop and Execute Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Projects to Support and Create Livelihood Opportunities for Rural Communities in Barmer, Rajasthan for a Period of Three Years”.
Cairn Foundation is a not-for-profit organization registered under the Haryana Registration and Regulation of Society Act, 2012, committed to empower local communities, in and around their areas of operations, and support them in suitable and inclusive growth and development.
The appointed agency will design, develop and implement projects with an aim to achieve sustainable increase in the income of households in target areas through intervention around farming, natural resource management and setting up of livelihood enterprises. The project will focus its energy on complimenting and strengthening the government’s efforts to improve agricultural productivity and natural resource management.
Some of the broad project objectives are:
- To increase agricultural productivity in the area through technology, scientific agricultural techniques and soil health management.
- To facilitate horticultural practices and other allied activities as a means of livelihood, along with effective utilization of unproductive land.
- To develop water positive Gram Panchayat annually, in addition to scaling up the soil and water conservation process (creation/renovation of community ponds – Nadi/on-farm runoff catchment – Khadin), check dams across villages.
- To carry out capacity building trainings for the agricultural community on scientific farming practices, biodiversity conservation and conservation activities, farm based skill development, alternate livelihood, financial management, integrated crop management, and value adding modules post-harvest and related activities.
- Facilitate institutionalization of community-based processes for farm management, input management, post-production value addition; and community-based institutions, farmer producer organizations for enhanced market linkage.
- To focus on promoting organic farming through structured farm management (soil/farming practices/crop care/nutrient management/harvesting and likewise).
- To facilitate and promote women farmers/members within community for enhanced social visibility, participation in decision making, and community institutions through structured and integrated inclusion management.
- FINANCIAL CRITERION (Go/No Go Criteria: For- Profit Organization/ Training Centres/ Academic)
- Net Worth– Positive Net Worth in each of the immediately preceding two financial years.
- Turnover – Turnover in each of the immediately preceding two financial years should be equal to or more than the estimated average annual contract value. In case of tenders for duration less than a year, Turnover in each of the immediately preceding two financial years should be equal to or more than the estimate contract value.
- Liquidity– Liquidity ratio in each of the preceding two financial years shall not be less than 1.0
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL CRITERION (Go/No Go Criteria: For Not -For- Profit Organization)
- The agency can be an organization/ institution registered under Societies Registration Act 1860, Trusteeship Act, and Section 8 Companies Act 2013. The organizations / institutions must be registered under section 12A / 80G of Income Tax Act. Registration on Darpan Portal of NITI Aayog will be an added advantage.
- Track record of having experience in conducting livelihood linked community based farm/agriculture interventions for minimum period of 10 years, with a special focus on Natural Resource Management, alternate livelihood and organic farming.
- Applicant agencies should not have been blacklisted by any donor agency/ state government/ central government.
- The applicant agency should have no statutory dues at the time of application.
- The applicant agency should have experience in executing community based projects, leveraged community contribution and government schemes, facilitated the establishment of enterprises as well as undertaken various capacity building sessions.
- The applicant agency should have experience manpower in this domain as well as subject matter experts on their payroll.
- The applicant agency shall have presence/ working experience in western Rajasthan and adjoining areas.
- The applicant agency should have a structured Governance process, monitoring process including accounting process & internal audit.
- Should have prior record of receiving fund from funding institutions of National/ International level.
- Normally standalone financials of the bidding entity only will be considered. However, consolidated financials at the bidding entity level, if available, can also be submitted. Parent company or Affiliate’s financials can be submitted and considered, subject to submission of Parent/ Affiliate company guarantee. This should be clearly mentioned in the EOI response.
- Evaluation will be done only based on the published annual reports / audited financials containing Auditor’s report, Balance sheet, Profit & Loss a/c and Notes to Accounts.
- In case of unaudited statements (if there are no audit requirements for auditing of financials as per the local law), the financials shall be accompanied by a certificate from a Certified Accountant. Certificate should also mention the fact that there is no requirement of audit of the financials as per the local law.
- All qualifications and exceptions brought out in Auditor’s report and Notes to Accounts would be factored in while undertaking financial evaluation.
How to Apply
The interested parties should express the interest to participate by clicking on the “Evince Interest” link against the EOI listing on the Cairn website and submit their contact details online. Interested parties will be invited to submit their response via Smart Source (Cairn’s e – sourcing platform).
For more information, please visit https://www.cairnindia.com/Pages/SubmitEvince.aspx?pid=759